Do you want your job to make a difference?
We are always on the lookout for exceptional team members. Do you love being around people? Do you want to know that your job makes a difference? Are you a go-getter, hardworking, self-motivated, team player? Then we just might have a job for you!
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our team of supervisors who help train and supervise our Citizens as they engage in numerous enterprises including pottery, card making, culinary, and so much more.We currently have openings at both of our Georgetown locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
-Responsible for safety and well-being of our adults with special needs as they work in the enterprise rooms
-Creates a meaningful, positive work environment for our Citizens
-Adapts the environment to set our Citizens up for success
-Works with and trains Volunteers on adapting the environment for our Citizens
Job Type: Full time
At least one year of experience with adults with special needs required.
Position: Cafe/Food Service Manager
Type: Full time hours, closed on Sunday
Brookwood in Georgetown, a dynamic vocational program for adults with special needs, is looking for a full-time Cafe Manager. Our location is beautiful and truly unique both in our mission and the products/services we carry. We have a 5 star yelp review and have won numerous Best of Georgetown awards!!
We are looking for flexible, dependable, and friendly individuals with great customer service skills to join our team.
Summary of Position:
As Cafe Manager, you are responsible for the daily operations of the Cafe. You will create an environment where excellent customer service is the norm. Must be comfortable with interacting, guiding and nurturing adults with special needs who help in the cafe. This is a practical, hands-on role, with much of the working hours spent in the kitchen and service area, cooking preparing and serving food.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts with integrity and upholds our core values.
- Manage day to day operations of the cafe
- Coordinate with vendors and order all supplies
- Strong planning and organizing with the ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work schedules and obtain and manage goals
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, training and coaching staff members.
- Train staff in preparing the full menu and the front of house staff in preparing drinks and servicing customers
- Maintains a clean and sanitary kitchen.
- Prepare a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables and other food items in broilers, ovens, grills and a variety of other kitchen equipment and work on coming up with new menu items
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Cafe open 8:00-2:30, closed Sundays
For more information about BiG, check out our website or stop by the shop and cafe for a visit!
Job Type: Full-time
Ready to apply? Follow our two-step process:
Download and Print the Employment Application.
Submit the completed application by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail:
Brookwood in Georgetown
905 N. Church St.
Georgetown, TX 78626